Bird rescinds legal threat; Endeavor streaming established; CareerArc nets $30 million.
Beverly Hills-based Endeavor established a streaming outfit dubbed Endeavor Streaming Jan. 14, the Business Journal reports. The streaming division will be led by Nick Wilson, Endeavor’s chief technology officer, and Will Staeger, Endeavor’s president of business operations. Endeavor Streaming will operate as a unit of Endeavor, which also owns Ultimate Fighting Championships and WME talent agency.
Santa Monica e-scooter operator Bird Rides Inc. backed down from threats of a copyright lawsuit it leveled against British tech journalist Cory Doctorow. Doctorow’s report claimed that local authorities are fitting abandoned Bird scooters with new motherboards which allows them to be used without the app, then sold at auction, BBC Technology reports. Bird initially accused Doctorow’s blog of “promoting illegal product(s) designed to circumvent the copyright protections” of its technology, but apologized and withdrew the threat after Doctorow denied the claims and published the letter via the Electronic Frontier Foundation, which voiced its support.
Burbank-based CareerArc Group raised $30 million for its human resources hiring and talent management software in a growth equity round led by Radnor, Pa.-based PeakEquity Partners. The firm was founded in 2009 and led by Chief Executive Robin Richards. The funding will be used to fund marketing and accelerate sales, Socaltech reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Endeavor Joins Streaming Fray
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 14: Electric Scooter Sharing Startup Bird Raises $15 Million
- Bird Lays Off Roughly 5 Percent of Staff
- Silicon Beach Report June 13: Sure Raises $23 Million
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 13: Chrome River Inks Deal With Exxon
- Silicon Beach Report May 14: Disney Buys Out Hulu Stake
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 17: Netflix Grows Subscriber Base
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 18: Activision’s Record-Breaking $500M Opening