Principal, Managing Director Los Angeles | Employee Benefits Division
Marsh & McLennan Agency
BACKGROUND: After stints at Health Net of California and CIGNA, Hegarty joined Marsh & McLennan in 2008. He specializes in employee health and benefits programs for midsize to large companies in a range of industries, including apparel, finance, entertainment, hospitality, manufacturing and technology. He also helped develop the agency&s Benefits Tech Trust program, a small-business trust designed for California&s emerging technology companies. Hegarty holds a bachelor"s degree in communications with an emphasis in marketing from the University of Arizona.
THE LATEST: Hegarty serves as managing director for the Marsh & McLennan Agency"s L.A. office, which has grown from six employees in 2017 to 26 employees in 2020 and expanded into a larger space downtown. Most recently, the agency acquired Momentous Insurance Brokerage in Los Angeles. In addition, Marsh Private Client Services has merged with MMA&s Private Client Department.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- 2021 Best Places to Work Speaker: Brian Hegarty
- Tough Road Ahead for Insurance Renewals: What businesses can do to manage costs in an uncertain market
- How to Plan for the First Days as a Public Company After a SPAC Merger
- The Private Company Guide to Effective Internal Controls
- Eight Things an Accounting Adviser May Do for You
- Strong IPO Market Still Requires Preparation and Proper Execution
- Small Business Development Center Steps Up During Pandemic
- MBA & Master's Guide: UCLA Anderson School of Management