Chief Executive Officer
Positive Results Center
Kandee Rochelle Lewis, executive director of Positive Results Center (PRC) and Founder of Black Women Leaders of Los Angeles, is a certified domestic violence, sexual assault, and suicide awareness prevention advocate, addressing trauma from a cultural and age perspective. Through training for youth and parents, facilitated events, and the creation of youth-peer advocacy programs, Lewis provides tools and strategies to form and maintain healthy, productive relationships.
While Lewis focused PRC's work on Southern California's youth, she also led PRC to create a broader support system across the Nation for youth wellness and relationship success. Through partnerships with K-12 schools, colleges, health care, law enforcement, judicial, government, community & faith-based organizations, training them to recognize and deal effectively with trauma BIPOC youth and young adult experience, developing a culture of inclusion, social justice, and equity.
Lewis' work is well recognized. The LA County Board of Supervisors named Kandee its Women of the Year in 2017. Vanguard recognized her as a Most Influential African American in Los Angeles in 2018. In 2019 she received the Champion of Peace & Non-Violence Award, the Trailblazers Award, and Community Plus Award. Other awards include the Johnnie L. Cochran Award for Youth Violence Prevention and the 2015 Woman of the Year.
Kandee has trained with the National Association of Sisters of Color Ending Sexual Assault, California Coalition Against Sexual Assault, and the Women of Color Network. She has been a member of the Los Angeles City Council's Domestic Violence Roundtable and Mayor Eric Garcetti's Human Trafficking Portal.
Born & raised in Los Angeles and married for 38 1/2 years, Kandee and her husband Carl have three adult children and a Pit Bull/Boxer!
Return to Event Main Page
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Panel Speaker: E'Tiffany Jones
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Panel Speaker: Teresa Maxwell
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Panel Speaker: Ken Le
- Diversity, Inclusion + Equity Keynote Speaker: Byron Allen
- The Private Company Guide to Effective Internal Controls
- How to Plan for the First Days as a Public Company After a SPAC Merger
- Eight Things an Accounting Adviser May Do for You
- Tough Road Ahead for Insurance Renewals: What businesses can do to manage costs in an uncertain market