Walmart is the first major U.S. retailer to sell Tru Niagen, the flagship product from ChromaDex.
“We are grateful to Walmart for their commitment to the Tru Niagen brand and for their collaboration in planning this launch,” ChromaDex Chief Executive Rob Fried said in the announcement. “We are excited to make our product available to Walmart customers.”
Tru Niagen is a form of vitamin B3. Its main active ingredient is nicotinamide riboside chloride. The supplement is available in-store at Walmart in two serving sizes, 100 mg and 300 mg.
ChromaDex stock rose about 5% on June 8, the day after the Walmart announcement.
ChromaDex, a bioscience company founded in 1999, reported annual net sales of $59.3 million in 2020, a 28% jump from 2019. Its total 2020 losses totaled $19.9 million, an improvement from its 2019 losses of $32.1 million.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- ChromaDex Lands Walmart Distribution Deal
- ChromaDex Steps Up Down Under
- ChromaDex Expands Pact
- Economists Uncertain How New Restrictions Could Impact Jobs Recovery
- Despite Jobs Gains, LA Has ‘Mountain to Climb’
- Nonprofit & Corporate Citizenship Awards: FINALISTS
- President Biden Revokes TikTok Ban
- Covid-Related Loan Programs Have Given Businesses a Much-Needed Lifeline