Terms of the deal, which was announced June 2, were not disclosed.
“MassiveMusic has built a standout reputation for bold, brilliant, creative music solutions for brands over the last 20-plus years,” Songtradr Chief Executive Paul Wiltshire said in a statement. “The complexities of the B2B music industry have made it challenging to fully adopt and leverage technology, limiting it from experiencing the same growth as the consumer music industry. Bringing our companies and competencies together creates the scale and trust to enable a true transformation of the B2B music industry and unlock significant growth potential.”
Wiltshire — a songwriter who has written for the Backstreet Boys — founded Songtradr in 2014. He was also part of a team that wrote songs for Avril Lavigne, Christina Aguilera and Hillary Duff.
In August, Songtradr announced plans to expand globally after closing a $30 million Series C funding round.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Songtradr Raises $50 Million in Series D Round
- Music Rights Platform Songtradr Raises $30 Million
- Santa Monica-Based Songtradr Purchases Big Sync Music
- Songtradr Announces $12 Million Funding Round
- Songtradr Raises $4 Million in Series A Funding Round
- Magnite to Acquire SpotX for $1.2B
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 19: Virgin’s Proposed Commute in a Vacuum
- Universal Music Group, TikTok Reach Music Agreement