Popshop Live, which has offices in West Hollywood and New York, announced the raise July 8. The funding gives the company a valuation of $100 million.
The round was led by San Francisco-based venture capital firm Benchmark. Other firms participating in the raise included New York-based TQ Ventures, New York-based Access Industries and TQ Ventures, a venture capital firm from pop artists The Chainsmokers.
Former Walt Disney Co. executive Michael Ovitz, former NBA star Baron Davis and celebrities Kendall Jenner and Hailey Bieber were among the individual investors in the round.
"Dan Dan has created something fundamentally new, unbounded and powerful," Cohler said. "Her tenacity and commitment to her vision of creating a marketplace for culture is singular."
According to Popshop Live, shows streamed by some sellers have grossed upwards of $500,000.
Kaba and Droege will be tasked with growing the company’s operations and accelerating regional and vertical expansion.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Whatnot Raises $50 Million
- Santa Monica Startup Nacelle Pulls in $18 Million
- Hawke Media, LA Stage Ecommerce Conference
- Boosted Raises $87 Million to Acquire Ecommerce Companies
- Retina AI Raises $8 Million in Series A
- Goat Group Valuation Soars to $3.7 Billion
- Venture Capital Firms' Portfolios Profit From a ‘Pandemic Bump’
- MaC Venture Capital Raises $103 Million Fund