Shawmut Design and Construction
As project executive at Shawmut Design and Construction, Kirstin Harper-Smith is responsible for the oversight of the office and field team—and in an industry that’s less than 10% female, she has established herself as a leader with the skill and expertise to successfully guide a team. Currently working on projects spanning from a historic building from 1935 to a tight urban site for microunits, Harper-Smith brings expertise in major projects—including high rises—and a collaborative, proactive approach to construction with a solutions-first focus.
With the COVID-19 pandemic, Harper-Smith has understood the importance of showing up even more for both clients and teammates. Ensuring she and her team do everything to keep projects moving forward safely, she has become entrenched in understanding what the effects of COVID are and planning the construction process around restrictions during the preconstruction phase.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- OUTSTANDING Women in Construction & DESIGN: APRIL STOCK
- Cottonwood, Shawmut Design Form Partnership
- Thriving In Their 40's: Greg Skalaski
- Women of Influence, Construction & Design: Shafee Jones-Wilson
- Women of Influence, Construction & Design: Joann Atienza
- OUTSTANDING Women in Construction & DESIGN: ANNE FLETCHER
- Women of Influence, Construction & Design: Anne Fletcher
- Parallel’s $16M Re-Fi in Arts District