Dr. Giovanna Brasfield
Vice President of Diversity & Inclusion
In March 2019, Dr. Giovanna Brasfield (“Dr. G”) was appointed senior supplier diversity and community inclusion officer for Flatiron Construction as vice president of diversity & inclusion and serves as the highest ranking African-American at Flatiron. In her role at Flatiron, Dr G assists the Southwest District Manager and the Division Manager in meeting contractual requirements on current projects and upcoming project pursuits that engage women, diverse businesses, local workforce, and youth engagement.
Dr. G takes great pride to develop and implement initiatives that will assist Flatiron intentionally increase inclusion both internally and externally. Dr. G also serves as the inclusivity manager for LINXS JV on the Los Angeles World Airport’s Automated People Mover project and is an advocate, leader, and change agent within construction who is driven from the inclusion of others within construction and construction-related trades.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- 2019 Women's Council & Awards: Finalists
- Austin Commercial Maintains Focus on 360 Degrees of Caring and Inclusion
- Diversity & Inclusion Summit: PRISCILLA CHAVEZ
- Diversity and Inclusion: Diverse Paths to Inclusive Success
- Diversity & Inclusion Summit 2018: The Importance of Appreciating Differences
- Diversity & Inclusion Summit: A Closer Look at the Discussions
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: CYNTHIA HERRINGTON, MD
- Creating and Maintaining a Diverse and Inclusive Culture