Vaco Los Angeles
Frances Moreno co-founded Vaco Los Angeles, which specializes in interim consultants and executive search for finance, accounting, technology, and human resources, and is the largest LA firm in its industry to be founded and operated by a woman. From her modest start raised by a single mother alongside eight older siblings, Moreno was inspired by her grandmother’s unrelenting work ethic. While serving as a director at a large S&P 500 consultant placement firm, Moreno, who had three young children, including a daughter with special needs, realized she needed more flexibility in her career to better balance her work and family, so she started Vaco Los Angeles. She structured Vaco from the ground up to offer a high degree of flexibility and autonomy, with flexible schedules and telecommuting options. She’s spearheaded an innovative workplace culture that enables people to advance their careers while achieving work/life balance.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Los Angeles Business Journal Women's Summit: VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR - FRANCES MORENO
- Thriving In Their 40's: Magaly Gomez
- L.A. Chamber Taps Local Finance Exec Maria Salinas as First Female CEO
- Power of Sponsorship & Mentorship Panelist: Natasha Mata
- Power of Sponsorship & Mentorship: Pegi Matsuda
- Road to Entrepreneurship Panelist: Gail Becker
- Today's Work-Life Balance Panelist: Penny Griego
- Today's Work-Life Balance Panelist: Kandee Rochelle Lewis