West has overseen virtual programs for the public during the Covid-19 crisis, including “Collecting Community History Initiative: The West During Covid-19” and “Black Lives Matter Protests,” a collection of posters and other ephemera from the social movement by Associate Curator Tyree Boyd-Pates.
The museum was co-founded in 1988 as the Gene Autry Western Heritage Museum by Western singing star Gene Autry and his wife, Jackie, along with Joanne and Monty Hale, another so-called "singing cowboy" star.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Upfront Backs Glendale Cloud Security Firm
- Paradigm's Pandemic Layoffs Become Permanent
- Tough Road Ahead for Insurance Renewals: What businesses can do to manage costs in an uncertain market
- Kite Partners to Develop Leukemia Treatments
- Rocket Lab Makes Successful Return to Flight
- American Moves Up Restart of LAX-to-Sydney Flight