In the end, this year’s top 50 increased their collective wealth from $221 billion last year to $288 billion this year. The distribution is pretty impressive as well. Elon Musk, with a fortune of $75 billion, tops a list that encompasses leaders in innovation, technology and entrepreneurship as well as champions of the entertainment industry and corporate giants.
Our research also led us to billionaires who have part-time residences in Los Angeles but don’t qualify as year-round residents for the purposes of our top 50. We’ve highlighted a few of them and hope you enjoy their stories as well.
I want to extend a special thank you to our editor, Scott Robson, our research department and the entire editorial team for their collaborative efforts and dedication to this special edition.
We look forward to next year’s list and to seeing how the numbers, industries and, of course, people change.
With respect and optimism for our region,
Publisher & CEO
Return to the 2020 edition of the Wealthiest Angelenos.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- 2021 Book of Lists: Letter From the Publisher
- LABJ Insider: LA-Adjacent Billionaires Musk, Bezos Battle It Out
- LA500 2020: Publisher's Letter
- Musk Leads 2020 LA Billionaires Thanks to Massive Gain
- Letter from the Publisher
- 2021 Book of Lists: Researcher's Letter
- Tech Titans See Gains as Industry Becomes Even More Essential
- Pandemic Cuts Into LA’s Real Estate Markets — and the Portfolios of Some of the City’s Wealthiest