Collaboration enables hundreds of women to start and grow businesses
Brit + Co and Office Depot recently announced that Office Depot will be the exclusive sponsor of Selfmade, a new 10-week virtual startup school for women. The course is hosted by Brit + Co co-founders, Brit Morin and Anjelika Temple, and includes highly personalized skill development to enable each student to start or grow her own business.
To help drive educational change, Office Depot’s sponsorship will enable the course to be made free for up to 200 women, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trailblaze. Additionally, a portion of proceeds from the course will be donated to digitalundivided, an organization whose mission is to provide economic empowerment to Black and Latinx women.
“With unemployment at record highs and mental health at record lows, Selfmade just seemed like the right thing to do at this moment,” said Brit Morin, founder and CEO of Brit + Co. “Knowing the tools, expertise, and network at our disposal, we couldn’t sit around and watch so many women miss the opportunity to change their lives and make money on their own terms.”
As part of the curriculum, students will also hear from over a dozen other notable female founders, experts and investors who have signed on to help teach, including Bozoma Saint John (CMO of Netflix), Julia Hartz (founder and CEO of Eventbrite), Tina Sharkey (former founder and CEO, Brandless), Joy Cho (founder and CEO of Oh Joy) and many more.
“We’re thrilled to partner with Brit + Co to help entrepreneurs start and grow their business,” said Gerry Smith, chief executive officer for Office Depot and The ODP Corporation. “With the new tools and skillsets learned, as well as inspiration from some of the most successful women in business, we hope the students complete the program feeling empowered to build the business of their dreams.”
Features and benefits of Selfmade include:
• 15+ hours of live instruction in all facets of how to start a company
• 1:1 coaching and group chats with like-minded entrepreneurs
• Customizable templates for P&Ls, pitch decks, marketing assets and more
• Access to world class experts in tech, finance, marketing, sales, and investing
Selfmade registration is currently open and class kicked off on Monday, October 5. To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, visit TrySelfmade.com/scholarships.
Founded by Brit Morin, Brit + Co is on a mission to give women the courage and creativity to live life at their fullest potential. Through inspirational content, educational online classes and useful products, she is enabled to shape her future. Over the past nine years, Brit + Co has become one of the largest digital brands for women, now reaching an engaged community of over 115 million monthly users across its website and platforms. Visit Brit.co for more information. Office Depot, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of The ODP Corporation, a leading provider of business services, products and digital workplace technology solutions to small, medium and enterprise businesses. For more information, visit news.theodpcorp.com.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- 2019 Women's Council & Awards: Empowering Women, Advancing Success
- Women's Summit 2017 Nominees: A Gift for USC Marshall Women MBAs
- Spotlight on Education: LA’s Visionary Educator Paul Cummins Makes a Case for the Importance of Poetry
- Boosting Sales by Getting Personal During Web Visits
- Executive Education: Executive MBA Council Survey Results Show Graduates are More Desirable as Rapid Changes to Industries and Globalization Increase
- Spotlight on Education: Survey Reveals that MBA Graduates are Seen as More Desirable to Employers
- UCLA Receives $5M Gift for Women in Engineering Program
- USC Student Makes Grade