Partner, Tax Practice Leader on the collateral
Green Hasson Janks
Akash Sehgal leads the Firm’s Tax Practice and has a deep expertise in multistate income and franchise tax, sales and use tax and credits and incentives. He has more than 20 years of tax experience, and prior to joining Green Hasson Janks in 2012, Akash worked at two Big Four firms in Los Angeles and Seattle.
Akash is also the lead tax partner in the Firm’s Food and Beverage Practice and works with a number of beverage manufacturers operating both in California and on a multistate basis.
Akash also leads the Firm’s research and development credit outsourcing initiative and works closely with specialized research and development credit firms.
Akash enjoys helping clients grow their businesses and assisting them on complex state and local tax issues related to transactional planning, mergers and acquisitions, general day-to-day consulting and compliance. He has significant experience dealing with state tax issues in California, Oregon, Idaho and Washington and local city taxes including the Los Angeles City Business Tax. He is a frequent speaker for a variety of tax associations including Tax Executive Institute (“TEI”) and the Council on State Taxation (“COST”).
As head of Green Hasson Janks Great Places to Work Committee, Akash has seen the collaboration between the various groups and people at the firm. His strong desire to help both employees and clients #BeMore has helped to make the Firm a great place to work.
Akash has a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from California Polytechnic University, Pomona.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Economic Forecast & Trends 2020: Akash Sehgal
- CUSTOM CONTENT: Tax Reform Highlights
- Women Of Influence Accounting: Polina Chapiro
- CUSTOM CONTENT: U.S. Tax Law Changes: How Does This Impact Your Business?
- 2019 Most Influential Minority CPAs: Anant Patel
- Most Influential Minority CPAs: ANANT PATEL
- Most Influential Private Equity Investors & Advisors: Anant Patel
- Most Influential Women in Accounting 2019: Polina Chapiro