FabFitFun Inc. has hired its first chief marketing officer, former Netflix Inc. executive Louisa Wee.
Wee served as vice president of marketing strategy and analysis and media buying for the streaming company until December and will start her new position later this month.
Wee’s “background crosses business intelligence, marketing strategy and customer acquisition,” FabFitFun co-founder and co-Chief Executive Michael Broukhim said in a statement.
Beverly Grove-based FabFitFun is a subscription-based service that delivers lifestyle products to customers. It boxes up a mix of beauty, fashion, wellness, fitness and home products, and sends them every three months. Customers get to pick a small share of contents and pay $50 per box for products FabFitFun says would retail for more than $200. It obtains the goods at wholesale or without charge from businesses seeking to promote their products.
It also runs a complementary digital magazine and on-demand video streaming service, both with focus on fitness, cooking and the latest trends in beauty and fashion.
The privately held company has a staff of 600 and annual revenues of about $200 million, according to a Business Journal estimate.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Fashion & Beauty Awards: Direct-to-Consumer Finalist
- STYLE | Trend Senders
- Furniture Designer Finds Seat in West Hollywood
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 24: Hulu Becomes First Echo Show Live Stream
- Subscription Box Business Set to Ship Out Again
- Beauty Apps Ready for Close Up
- Miramax Signs Streaming Movie Deal with Netflix
- New Insights on Streaming