The company announced Dec. 22 that its security division has received a $13 million order from its Scandinavian distributor to provide security products to two European airports.
OSI Systems will provide 920CT checkpoint baggage scanners, Orion baggage scanners and Metor 900M walk-through metal detectors. It will also supply integration software for the airports.
This is the fourth major order that the manufacturer of security scanning equipment, medical monitoring devices and optoelectronic components has received this month. In total, the orders will bring in about $70 million.
OSI Systems also won several major contracts this fall. In the first half of September, the company secured
On Oct. 27, the company was awarded a
“Due in part to the continued impact of the pandemic, as expected, the Security division reported a first fiscal quarter reduction in year-over-year revenues,” Chopra said in a statement. “However, strong operational performance drove adjusted operating margin expansion. We continue to be well positioned in the global marketplace to capitalize on future opportunities.”
OSI Systems employs more than 6,700 people, including 600 who work in Hawthorne and Torrance.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- OSI Systems Lands $15 Million Airport Contract
- OSI Systems Wins $44 Million in Contracts
- OSI Systems Announces $10 Million in New Contracts
- Security Blanketed
- OSI Systems Scores $11M Contract to Provide Explosive Detector to European Airport
- Terrorism Concerns Provide Security Blanket for OSI Systems
- OSI Gets $10 Million in Contracts
- OSI Gets $3.5 Million Contract