Morrison & Foerster LLP
Co-chair of Morrison & Foerster’s Employment and Labor Practice Group, Tritia Murata is a true star in the California labor and employment market. Murata’s hallmark is her knack for strategically disposing of high-exposure wage-and-hour class actions and representative actions brought under the Labor Code PAGA of 2004, a California statute authorizing aggrieved employees to file lawsuits to recover civil penalties on behalf of themselves, other employees, and the State of California for Labor Code violations. Her impressive track record of beating putative class actions includes defeating certification in a meal-and-rest break action involving more than 5,000 employees of a restaurant chain, defeating certification in a misclassification action involving hundreds of grocery store managers and assistant managers, and securing dismissal at the pleading stage of a nationwide putative class action alleging that airline employees were not adequately compensated for soliciting and securing credit card applications from passengers.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Tritia M. Murata
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: PURVI PATEL
- High Court Ruling on Wage Case Seen as Anti-Business
- State Amendment May Work to Curb Staff Suits
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: MARK D. KEMPLE
- U.S. Supreme Court Passes on Labor Code Suits
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Stacie Yee
- Labor & Employment: A Roundtable Discussion