Nina Marino’s complex litigation and white collar crime practice is national and international. She negotiates with the U.S. Department of Justice, state attorneys general, District Attorneys, and Interpol in her defense of individuals alleged to be involved with Medicare fraud, Foreign Corrupt Practice Act violations and tax, cyber and other crimes. Recent matters include her work representing Donna Heinel, USC Associate Athletic Director and highest ranking female in the department, who was indicted in the Varsity Blues college admission scandal. She also has been representing Terry Luke, who was indicted with multiple counts of money laundering, capping, and tax fraud. Over the course of two years, a series of hearings on motions to dismiss took place in which the defense strategically dismantled the case. Ultimately, all of the money laundering counts, all of the capping counts, and all of the tax fraud counts were dismissed against Luke.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: GARY LINCENBERG
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: NINA MARINO
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: VINCE FARHAT
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Naeun Rim
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: BYRON J. MCLAIN
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Bart H. Williams
- Top Minority in Los Angeles: ANTHONY PACHECO