Monica J. Shilling
Kirkland & Ellis
Monica Shilling understands what it takes for clients to create opportunities. She enjoys bringing her creativity and experience to clients as they navigate complex mergers & acquisition and capital markets transactions. As a lead partner in the Los Angeles office of Kirkland & Ellis, she maintains a broad corporate and securities law practice that focuses on advising asset managers, private equity funds, and their portfolio companies on the full lifecycle of transactions. She also represents public companies, financial advisors, investment banks and issuers in connection with their leveraged buyouts, general corporate law and corporate governance, securities laws, and NYSE/Nasdaq compliance. Shilling represented longtime client, Ares Capital Corporation, the largest business development company by both market capitalization and total assets, with approximately $14.9 billion of total assets, in numerous matters.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- WHO’S WHO IN LAW - MONICA J. SHILLING
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: ANNE KIM
- 2020 Leaders in Law Honoree: Corporate Attorney of the Year
- Thriving In Their 40's: David Nemecek
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: LUKE GUERRA
- Leaders of Influence: Private Equity Advisors - HAMED MESHKI Partner Kirkland & Ellis
- 2020 Leaders in Law Honoree: Rising Star of the Year
- Leaders of Influence: Private Equity Advisors - JONATHAN BENLOULOU