Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
Diana Palacios’ subject matter expertise in Latin America entertainment and strong belief in First Amendment litigation has made her an immutable force within the media industry. She approaches each case with a strong First Amendment focus and ensuring that the rights of an individual always come first. Palacios first joined DWT in 2011 as a summer associate for the firm, and has since grown and emerged as a leader in her Practice Group. She works on a range of matters, including defamation, records and courtroom access, privacy, right-of-publicity, false advertising, copyright, and trademark issues. She also provides pre-publication and pre-broadcast counseling in both English and Spanish for studios, television networks, production companies, and newspapers. Recently, Palacios was part of the team that successfully defended BBC and Showtime in a lawsuit arising from the documentary “Whitney: Can I Be Me” about the late pop star Whitney Houston.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Diana Palacios
- Diversity & Inclusion - Building a Diverse Team Panel: Mira Hashmall
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Mira Hashmall
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Whitney Jones Roy
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Mira Hashmall
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- DEBORAH J. FOX
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Deborah J. Fox
- 2019 In-House Counsel Nominees: Wendy Mantell