El Segundo-headquartered data center management firm ServerFarm acquired the business and assets of U.K.-based data center operator 5NINES Global Holdings Oct. 10.
The deal allows ServerFarm to expand its presence domestically and in Britain. ServerFarm already operates a facility in London.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed. The transaction was advised by Netherlands-based NIBC Bank.
“This acquisition positions ServerFarm to help more customers around the world realize this objective, and our significant portfolio and services combined with 5NINES’ innovation will define how enterprise data center owners deliver digital strategies for years to come,” ServerFarm Chief Executive Avner Papouchado said in a statement.
5NINES Holdings operates subsidiaries in Finland, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. All of them will become part of ServerFarm’s global operations and adopt the company's brand and business model.
While data centers are typically deployed in rural areas where costs are lower, operators have begun a shift towards occupying urban space, citing the need to be closer to valuable clientele.
Papouchado added the acquisition “not only extends our global data center footprint, but also provides a platform to help more customers by repeating a well-proven model.”
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @Samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Radiology Partners Raises $700 Million
- Insight Acquires PCM for $581M in Cash and Debt
- Stamps.com Acquires MetaPack for $230 Million
- Silicon Beach Report April 17: Slingshot Aerospace Gains $5 Million
- Daz Systems Acquired by Accenture
- Boeing Acquires El Segundo’s Millennium Space Systems
- Stamps.com Profit Plunges After Ending Postal Service Partnership
- Stamps.com Revenue Dips in Third Quarter