None of the FAANGs started in Los Angeles, but for most of the companies in this innovative group of tech and media giants, L.A. now may be their most important market.
Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix and Google all have developed substantial footprints in L.A.
They’re using the city as a base for a range of key operations, from building out businesses that will help them realize their streaming ambitions to recruiting the kind of local talent that will sharpen their entertainment chops.
Here’s a look at what each of these companies is doing here and what’s ahead for their L.A. operations:
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- GROWING ROOTS
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 8: Hulu Ends Free Viewing
- Entertainment: Streaming is set to draw an even bigger crowd
- Silicon Beach Report April 10: Poll Shows Facebook Least-Trusted Tech Company
- Faangs Flock
- Streaming Warrior
- When FAANGs Bite, Take Your MSME Medicine
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 23: Viacom Purchases Pluto TV