Podcast analytics software developer Backtracks Inc. announced May 30 it raised a $2.1 million seed round led by Marina del Rey-based venture capital firm Moonshots Capital.
As part of the round, Moonshots Capital Managing Partner Kelly Perdew will join Backtracks’ board of directors.
“Audio, and specifically podcasts, is one of the fastest growing consumer channels and one of the most efficient for advertisers,” Perdew said in a statement.
Founded in 2016 in Austin, Texas by Chief Executive Jonathan Gill and Co-Founder Kevin Wright, Backtracks is a monetization and analytics platform for audio content that collects content performance and listener behavior metrics to inform advertising clients’ ad placements.
The company raised $100,000 in January 2018 from Texas-based investor Sputnik ATX and its Chief Executive Oksana Malysheva, according to PitchBook Data Inc.
“Podcasts and spoken word audio content are experiencing massive growth with an expected 53% increase in listenership over the next four years,” Gill wrote in a blog post.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report May 30: Moonshots Capital Backs Backtracks
- Red Six Raises $2.35 Million
- Silicon Beach Report April 18: Red Six Raises $2.35 Million for Flight
- Advertising Tech Firm Lucidity Raises $5 Million
- Podcast Network Wondery Raises $10 Million Round Led By Waverley Capital
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 11: EagleTree Capital Acquires FuseFX
- Lucidity Announces $5 Million Funding Round
- Former Trump Advisor Gary Cohn Joins Marina del Rey Blockchain Firm