Precellerator takes new applications; Snapchat backpedals from x-rated lenses, WarnerMedia co-hosts esports tournament
Santa Monica-based law firm Stubbs Alderton and Markiles is accepting new applications for its startup program, Precellerator. Socaltech reports the new class starts in September and the deadline for startups to apply is July 15.
Less than a day after announcing it would allow adult entertainment company Naughty America to publish x-rated content on the Snapchat app, Santa Monica-based Snap Inc. is backpedaling from the idea. Variety reports Snap will allow Naughty America’s feature that lets users create their own NSFW augmented reality lenses, but removed Naughty America’s content, citing it violated Snap’s user policies.
Warner Media, which has offices in Burbank, will partner with esports organizer ELeague to host a “Mortal Kombat 11” esports tournament this July in Austin, Texas. VentureBeat reports this is the first esports event hosted by Warner.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report May 21: Tyffon Gains $7.8 Million
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 18: Catapult Capital Acquires JibJab
- Silicon Beach Report March 12: Pritzker Group Leads Livly Investment
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 14: Snapchat Gives Creators AR Power
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 15: $54 Million for Cloud9, New E-sports Arena Planned
- Silicon Beach Report April 5: GumGum Sinks Teeth Into New Dental Venture
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 1: Snapchat Launches Speech Recognition
- Silicon Beach Report July 24: March Capital Partners Raises $12 Million