Shareholder, Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart
THE LATEST: Helmer joined labor and employment firm Ogletree Deakins in March after 27 years with Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner.
BACKGROUND: Helmer counsels business executives on labor and employment matters from discrimination and harassment to terminations and layoffs, wage and hour policies, employee handbooks, family and medical leaves of absence, and disability- accommodation issues. She conducts investigations and trainings for clients and has extensive experience in litigation and personnel-
management issues. Her corporate clients come from many industries, including retail, hospitality, technology and entertainment.
WORTH NOTING: Helmer earned her law degree from the UCLA Law School and her bachelor’s from Stanford University.
YEAR ON THE LA500: 1
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: JOHNNIE A. JAMES
- U.S. Supreme Court Passes on Labor Code Suits
- Veteran L.A. Attorney Finds Balance at New Job
- Leaders in Law 2018: How to Manage an Overtime Policy
- Determined to Go It Alone, Miller Ready to Rock 'n' Roll
- KAREN BRODKIN
- High Court to Rule on Validity of Non-Compete Clauses
- APALLA CHOPRA