Live Nation Entertainment Inc. has significantly expanded its ownership of Los Angeles neighborhood music venues.
The Beverly Hills live entertainment behemoth announced May 17 that they acquired concerts promoter Spaceland Presents. The purchase includes Spaceland venues The Echo and Echoplex in the Echo Park neighborhood, and The Regent Theater in downtown Los Angeles.
Live Nation is the largest U.S. ticketing service and promoter for music concerts. The shows it promotes and venues it owns are often synonymous with amphitheaters and arenas, but this marks another acquisition of mid-sized venues.
The Regent Theater, which is the largest of the three venues, is a 600-seat venue.
The announcement comes a month after Live Nation bought Orange County’s Observatory and the San Diego North Park Observatory.
Media and entertainment reporter Matthew Blake can be reached at (323)556-8332 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Party Props Latest Hollywood Realm to Lure Equity Money
- Live Nation Buys Key SoCal Venues
- Group Pushes for Nightlife Bill
- Booming Base
- Live Nation Signs Mexico, Brazil Concert Deals
- Live Nation Gains on Stronger Concert Business
- Live Nation Clears Hurdle to Purchase Promoter
- Ticketmaster May Acquire AEG Live