Vertebrae expands to Texas; Opaque Studios rebrands; InSight lander dig mission paused
Mid-Wilshire-based virtual reality production house Opaque Studios has launched a rebrand, and is now calling itself Glassbox Technologies. Chief Product Officer and Co-Founder Mariana Acuna Acosta announced the news on LinkedIn and in trade publication Animation World Network March 5, and added that Glassbox is developing two production softwares with expectations to begin beta testing later this year.
The InSight Mars exploration mission run by NASA’s Pasadena-based Jet Propulsion Laboratory has hit rocky ground. The Lander was hammering itself under Mars’ surface in an attempt to dig the biggest hole ever dug on another planet and take temperature readings when it struck an unknown obstacle. Scientists told the LA Times Tuesday they would pause the dig until the problem was resolved. According to the JPL scientists, a “large rock” is likely to blame for the probe only striking about a foot below Mars’ surface.
Virtual reality and 3D software developer Vertebrae Inc. announced March 6 it will expand operations from its headquarters in Santa Monica to Austin, Texas, where it will open a new office. Socaltech reports Vertebrae also hired two new executives to assist with the transition, Chief Data Officer Garrett Eastham and Rob Weaver, who will serve as as chief revenue officer.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 27: Faraday Future Continues Furloughs
- Silicon Beach Report April 23: Snap Releases First Quarter Earnings
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 26: JPL InSight Lander Probe Reaches Mars
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 20: Popdog Launches With $9 Million Funding
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 7: InSight Rover Begins Mars Analysis
- Silicon Beach Report April 15: SpaceX Wants More Cash
- Vertebrae Launches Augmented Reality E-Commerce Platform
- INTERVIEW --- Space CEO