PCM security breached; Marvel and Team Liquid partner; SpaceX starts third fundraising effort this year
Hawthorne-based SpaceX is seeking an additional $314.2 million in funding, its third funding round since the beginning of this year, according to CNBC. Once completed, SpaceX will have raised more than $1 billion in 2019. Prior to this round, the company was valued at $33.3 billion. The new funds will partially be used for SpaceX’s ambitious Starlink project, which aims to provide global internet capability via low-flying satellites.
El Segundo-based IT services provider PCM was the victim of an extensive cybersecurity breach in May, Socaltech reports. The breach allowed hackers access to “administrative credentials to client accounts within Office 365,” and may have been spurred by fraudulent PCM gift cards, the report said. PCM is in the process of being acquired by IT services firm Insight Enterprises.
West L.A.-based esports group Team Liquid has linked with Burbank-based Walt Disney Co. subsidiary Marvel Entertainment for a merchandising deal, Esports Observer reports. The deal marks Marvel’s first partnership with an esports team. Team Liquid players will wear Marvel-themed jerseys in competition, and the team’s fan shop will soon begin selling the merchandise to fans.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report June 24: Insight Acquires PCM
- Axiomatic Gaming Gains $21 Million
- 100 Thieves Raises $35 Million, Plans New Headquarters
- Silicon Beach Report May 10: Chrome River develops U.S. Bank app
- Silicon Beach Report May 15: Burbank-based CareerArc Expands
- Silicon Beach Report July 16: 100 Thieves Raises $35 Million
- Silicon Beach Report April 15: SpaceX Wants More Cash
- Cloud9 Plans New Esports Facility