Culver City-based mobile game developer Jam City Inc. announced June 3 that Lisa Anderson was hired as vice president of game operations.
Anderson joins Jam City after 18 years with Burbank-based Walt Disney Co., where she most recently served as vice president of games in Disney’s consumer products and interactive division managing global gaming portfolios for Disney and its Pixar subsidiary. She will oversee game operations in Jam City's LA-based studios including its Burbank location. The company has nine studios globally.
Jam City Chief Operating Officer Josh Yguado said in a statement that Anderson’s Disney experience will be an asset, particularly as the company develops partnerships with Disney. In November, Jam City entered into a partnership with Disney to create games based on Disney and Pixar’s intellectual property, and also agreed to take over development of Disney’s “Emoji Blitz” mobile title.
“(Lisa’s) deep knowledge of Disney and it’s iconic IP combined with a strong track record for developing and growing franchise games makes her a perfect fit to lead the team as we execute on our strategic partnership with Disney,” Yguado said.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Jam City Acquires Bingo Pop Mobile Game
- Jam City Raises $145 Million for Mobile Game Acquisitions
- Jam City Raises $145M for Acquisitions
- Jam City Encouraging Midterm Voting With Mobile PSA
- Jam City Acquires 231 Play to Expand European Operations
- Stubbs Alderton Ups Commitment to Startups
- Silicon Beach Report July 11: Overwatch League Finals to Air on ESPN, ABC
- Silicon Beach Report April 4: Snap Gets Into Gaming