Century City-based private equity firm OpenGate Capital said that its portfolio company, EverZinc, a European specialty zinc chemical business, has purchased G.H. Chemicals Ltd., and Microzinc Inc., a Canadian manufacturer and exporter of zinc oxide products.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The purchase of G.H. Chemicals and Microzinc, which is collectively known as GHC, represents OpenGate’s second add-on acquisition.
“The acquisition of GHC is a transformational investment for EverZinc that provides product and market expansion through world class facilities in Quebec,” said Andrew Nikou, OpenGate Capital’s founder and CEO.
GHC was established in 1974 and is based in Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec. Through its manufacturing facility, GHC produces four grades of French Process zinc oxide used for pharmaceutical and food products, as well as fertilizer and feed grades, and various grades for rubber compounding.
Finance reporter Pat Maio can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8329.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- OpenGate Accelerates Deal Pace
- OpenGate Capital Acquires Belgian Zinc Supplier Umicore
- Investment firm looks to prove metal with $150 million zinc deal
- The Money Book: Andrew Nikou
- OpenGate Completes Acquisitions
- Krost Adds West L.A. Accounting Firm to Roster
- OpenGate Capital Acquires Italian Plastic Maker Alfatherm
- OpenGate to Acquire Belgian Chemicals Company