Former Comcast executive hired by Jukin Media; new executives at Activision Blizzard; Bird seeking new funding.
Jukin Media Inc. hired Craig Parks, former director of short-form video app programming for Comcast Corp., according to the Hollywood Reporter. Prior to his tenure at Comcast, Parks also worked for IFC as senior vice president of digital media. Parks will run several of Jukin’s entertainment brands including “FailArmy” and “The Pet Collective.”
Axios reports Santa Monica-based e-scooter operator Bird Rides Inc., currently valued at $2 billion, wants to raise an additional $300 million in capital. The funding round is considered an extension of Bird’s previous raise in June and led by Fidelity Investments.
Three new executives joined Santa Monica headquartered Activision Blizzard Inc. today, including former “Call of Duty” general manager Rob Kostich, who will now serve as the video game publisher’s new president. Humam Sakhnin is promoted to lead Activision brand King Digital Entertainment from his previous post as its chief financial officer, while Dennis Durkin was named president of Activision Blizzard’s emerging businesses. Socaltech reports Durkin remains chief financial officer of Activision Blizzard in addition to his new role.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 12: Bird Taps Uber for Executive Hires
- Activision Blizzard Hires Microsoft Veteran as CFO
- Activision Appoints New CFO After Previous Executive Joins Netflix
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 2: Activision Appoints New CFO
- Silicon Beach Report June 12: Bird Looking to Raise More Cash at $2 Billion Valuation
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 23: Branson Out at Virgin Hyperloop One
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 18: Activision’s Record-Breaking $500M Opening
- Silicon Beach Report June 15: Catasys Receives Debt Bailout, Activision Blizzard Hires Former Twitter Exec, Cargo Systems Launches in L.A.