Real estate lender Calmwater Capital has given Hollywood-based Relevant Group a $63 million loan for the construction of a hotel in Hollywood. The senior secured-term loan is for the Thompson Hotel. Calmwater announced the loan Feb. 12. The Thompson Hotel will have 190 rooms, a rooftop restaurant and bar and meeting space at 1541 Wilcox Ave. Calmwater Capital gave Relevant Group a $34.1 million loan for the nearby Dream Hollywood hotel in 2016. The loan was used to add a restaurant and other amenities. When completed, the Thompson Hotel will be managed by Two Roads Hospitality. The group also manages the Relevant Group’s Tommie Hotel in Hollywood.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Calmwater Capital Provides $63M Loan to Build Thompson Hotel in Hollywood
- Developers Set Low-Cost Housing
- Hotel Plans Proliferate in Hollywood
- Downtown Distinction: Millennial Move-Ins
- Affordable Homes Elude Even High Earners
- Most Influential Lenders: Larry Grantham
- Lowe Sells Two Roads to Hyatt for $480M
- Extended Stay Pays for Hotels