Royal Dutch Shell’s New Energies division has acquired West Hollywood-based Zeco Systems Pte Inc., doing business as Greenlots, for an undisclosed sum. Zeco, operating in West Hollywood, developed a network of charging infrastructure for electric cars that includes a mobile app for drivers to pinpoint nearby charging ports and monitor energy usage. “Our technology, backed by the resources, scale and reach of Shell, will accelerate this transition to a future mobility ecosystem that is safer, cleaner and more accessible,” said Zeco Chief Executive Brett Hauser. Zeco was established in 2008. Prior to the acquisition, the company raised roughly $15 million. It counts New York-based Energy Impact Partners, Asia Cleantech Capital Pte Ltd., SBI Ven Capital Pte Ltd., and angel investor Adrian Koch among its financial backers.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Shell Acquires West Hollywood Electric Vehicle Charging Outfit
- Shell Enlists AECOM
- Mapletree’s Extended Interest Lands Deal For Oakwood Worldwide
- Inspire’s Energy Experiment: Flat Rates Billed as ‘Subscription Service’
- Deals & Dealmakers---Boeing Deal to Create Local Jobs
- Occidental Buys Permian Basin Stake
- Top-Read Stories of the Week
- Ares Bets Big on HVAC Provider Growth