MomentFeed selects new CFO; NextVR collaborates with NHL; SpaceX tests Falcon launch
Santa Monica-based MomentFeed Inc. named Ed Shaughnessy as its new chief financial officer, Socaltech reports. Prior to this appointment, Shaughnessy worked at Santa Clara-based Intel Corp. and LogicMonitor, based in Santa Barbara. MomentFeed develops location-based advertising software for brands, and raised $27.5 million since its 2010 incorporation, according to PitchBook Data.
The National Hockey League announced Jan. 31 a partnership with Newport Beach-based NextVR Inc. to produce event and game highlights in virtual reality. According to SportTechie, 3D content NextVR creates will be available for free on an NHL channel in the NextVR app. Most content will include immersive, 360-degree visualizations of NHL events and aims to provide at-home fans with the arena experience.
Hawthorne-headquartered Space Exploration Technologies Corp. performed a hot-fire test of its Falcon 9 rocket engines, ArsTechnica reports. The test evaluated the rocket’s launch system and ability to dock safely at the International Space Station. The Falcon 9 will fly its first commercial crew demonstration mission this year, according to SpaceX and NASA, though a launch date is undetermined.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 6: Facebook Joins Forces With MomentFeed Startup
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 3: SpaceX Sends 64 to Space
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 7: Collectible Sneaker Reseller Goat Raises $25M
- Silicon Beach Report March 31: Snapchat Launches Stories Search
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 24: Digital Domain Partners with World Surf League for 360-Degree Content
- Silicon Beach Report May 10: Chrome River develops U.S. Bank app
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 1: SpaceX Aims to Resume Flights on Dec. 16
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 6: Topgolf and Super League Gaming Partner