Los Angeles digital radio platform Dash Radio Inc. has raised $4.9 million in equity securities, according to an Oct. 18 Securities and Exchange Commission filing.
The filing does not disclose who invested in the company. The Miracle Mile-based rap station has previously received a total of $2 million in funding from a mix of individual investors including longtime music producer LA Reid, former professional basketball player Ronny Turiaf, and Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher lawyer Orin Snyder.
The 4-year-old company has more than 60 rap channels curated by current and classic rappers. It is advertising-free and does not charge a subscription. Dash Revenue’s stated revenue sources include companies paying for Dash pop-up stations, and partnerships with radio broadcasting services.
Media and entertainment reporter Matthew Blake can be reached at (323)556-8332 or email@example.com
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Gallery Offers Crypto-Exclusive Art Sale
- Feds Ding Meruelo for Fake Emergency Alert
- Romance Movie Streamer Stirs Investors’ Passion
- Broadcast Uncertainty
- Endeavor Files for Initial Public Offering
- Alex Meruelo’s Media Company Buys KLOS-FM
- Drake to Co-Own Culver City E-sports Company
- Santa Monica E-sports Company Files $25 Million IPO