Westwood-based investment firm Shamrock Capital announced Oct. 16 that it has acquired the song writing and production catalog of Stargate, a duo that has worked for years with Rihanna, and also penned hits for Beyonce and Katy Perry.
Deal terms were not disclosed.
Stargate consists of Tor Hermansen and Mikkel Eriksen, who started their careers in Norway and have since moved to Los Angeles. The duo is credited with bringing to the music industry mainstream Scandinavia dance pop.
Shamrock has $1.9 billion in investments, according to a press release, and focuses its investments on media and entertainment companies.
Other deals that Shamrock has announced this year include leading a $30 million round of investment into Pixellot, a five-year-old Tel Aviv-based company that provides unmanned cameras for sporting events.
Media and entertainment reporter Matthew Blake can be reached at (323)556-8332 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Marketers Cue Up Hit Catalog
- L.A. Stories / The Roving Eye
- NFL: Performers Must Pay to Play at Super Bowl Halftime
- Deal Gives Live Nation Foothold in Philippines
- Shamrock Leads $30M Investment in AI-Generated Sports Content
- Bug Music Secures $200 Million Credit Facility
- Concerts Bring Money, Traffic to Rose Bowl
- Shamrock Sells Globetrotters