Construction company Tutor Perini Corp. announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, Lunda Construction Co., will enter a joint venture with C.S. McCrossan Inc. on a contract valued at $799.5 million by the Metropolitan Council for the Southwest Light Rail Transit project in Minneapolis. This major regional transportation project, according to a company statement, constitutes the largest public infrastructure project in Minnesota’s history. It involves construction of new light rail infrastructure, including 44 bridges, two cut-and-cover tunnels and 16 new light rail stations. Work will commence next month with major construction ramping up in the spring. Tutor Perini has undertaken such high-profile projects as L.A.’s $1.4 billion extension of the Purple Line (currently underway), a $1.4 billion portion of the California High-Speed Rail line and the $783 million Alameda Corridor in Long Beach.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Tutor Perini Lands $800M Rail Contract With C.S. McCrossan
- Tutor Perini Wins Bay Area Subway Contract
- Contractor Will Ride Rail With $1.4 Billion Deal
- Tutor Perini Lands $1.4B Rail Contract
- Jacobs Scores High-Speed Rail Contract
- Jacobs Team Beats Tutor, Parsons for Rail Project Segment
- Range of Firms Looks to Ride Rail-Line Contracts
- Sylmar Construction Firm in Joint Venture for $1.4B East Coast Infrastructure Project