Venice-based logistics company Shipsi Inc. raised $1.9 million in a seed round, the company announced Nov. 28. The recent funding was led by London-based Initial Capital and Santa Monica-based Halogen Ventures. Additional investors include Precursor Ventures in San Francisco and Stage Venture Partners in Century City. This adds to the $350,000 pre-seed round Shipsi raised in July 2017. Shipsi’s technology offers retailers on e-commerce platforms an additional option for shipping and delivery. Shipsi says it offers same-day shipping by plugging into last-mile networks to deliver goods. Its technology integrates with a retailer’s existing website and supply chain, often without requiring a single change to the existing process, said Chelsie Lee, chief executive of Shipsi, who co-founded the company with Ben Way. The recent round of funding will be used to expand the company’s third-party logistics partners and hire more employees for Shipsi, Lee said. The company currently counts eight employees on its payroll.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Shipsi Raises $1.9 Million Seed Round
- Greycroft Partners Leads $20 Million Seed Round for Emerge
- Vive Organic Closes $7 Million Series A Round
- Fika Raises $76 Million Fund
- Fika Ventures Completes $76 Million Raise
- Flower Delivery Startup Blossoms With Seed Funding
- Hollar Raises $12 Million, A Few Months After Seed Round
- Collectible Sneaker Reseller Goat Raises $25M