Los Angeles has always been an incubator for innovative business ideas. The Los Angeles Business Journal’s Innovation Special Report takes a look at 20 companies across many industries that are developing new technologies and business practices to solve problems and simplify processes — from diagnosing brain injuries using noninvasive methods to moving people from point A to point B at 200 miles per hour. These companies are looking to build better batteries and robots that cook. They are putting office access in the palm of employees’ hands and are finding practical business applications for virtual reality technology. These companies’ capabilities to create new ideas and products are one of the remarkable aspects of L.A.’s business community.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Postmates is Arriving at Dodger Stadium
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 8: Cornerstone Acquires Grovo Learning for $24M
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 23: Branson Out at Virgin Hyperloop One
- Silicon Beach Report October 29: Hyperloop Plans Abu Dhabi Track
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 14: Fox Exec to Launch Harassment Reporting App
- Silicon Beach Report July 31: UPS Partners with Thor Trucks for Electric Vehicles
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 15: Tesla Motors to Build 20MW Battery Storage Facility for SoCal Edison
- Versatility Key for Thor: Electric Trucks, Next-Gen Batteries, Modular Chassis