LinQuest Corp., a Ladera Heights-based space technology solutions provider, has been purchased for an undisclosed amount by private equity firms Madison Dearborn Partners of Chicago and CoVant Management of McLean, Va.
Leon Biederman, LinQuest’s chief executive officer, and other LinQuest management will retain a significant minority ownership position in the company, which they will continue to lead, according to a Madison Dearborn Partners statement.
LinQuest is a space technology provider to the federal government. Its core competencies include military satellite communications engineering and development, battlespace awareness, cyber operations and space flight and ground software.
“We believe LinQuest’s differentiated technology capabilities in desirable space end-markets will benefit from our focus on growing businesses through both organic and strategic acquisition initiatives,” said Joseph Kampf, CoVant chairman and CEO, in a statement.
Baird served as LinQuest’s financial advisor in the deal while Alston & Bird, Squire Patton Boggs, and Drinker Biddle & Reath provided the company legal advice. Kirkland & Ellis and Crowell & Moring provided legal counsel to MDP and CoVant. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is providing a credit facility to support the company.
Real estate reporter Ciaran McEvoy can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 556-8337.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LinQuest Names CEO
- Deals & Dealmakers: EP Wealth Adds Donnelly
- Silicon Beach Report March 4: SpaceX Crew Dragon Reaches Space Station
- Defense Firm LinQuest Named Prime Contractor for US Agencies
- SatCom: LinQuest Lands $500 Million Contract With US Space Force
- Platinum Equity’s Lonza deal finalized
- Providence St. Joseph Leases 26K SF in Ladera Heights
- Ares Management Acquires Convergint Technologies