Casetabs Inc., a digital health care company that coordinates surgical care, has received $6 million in investor financing, the firm announced May 3.
The Santa Monica-based health tech firm received the $6 million series A financing round led by Nueterra Capital, a health care venture capital firm based in Kansas, and Evolution Financial Group, a global investment firm based in New York.
The funding will be used to boost value through electronic medical record integration and expand its presence within hospitals, Casetabs executives said.
“With Nueterra Capital’s investment and strategic value, we will greatly expand our reach as we work to completely eradicate surgery communication issues,” said Gavin H. Fabian, its chief executive, in a statement.
Casetabs employs a cloud-based platform to deliver real-time case information and updates to doctors and staff, providing a central communications hub for surgery centers, physician offices, hospitals, anesthesiologists groups and medical vendors.
Since it was founded in 2015, when it received a $425,000 funding round, Casetabs has grown from five centers to 500 physician practices. It received another $2.6 million series A round in 2016 from Evolution Financial.
Health business reporter Dana Bartholomew can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @_DanaBart.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Santa Monica-Based Casetabs Raises $2.3 Million From Investors
- Casetabs Inc. Raises $2.5 Million From Investors
- Westwood-Based WiserCare Appoints New Chief Executive
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 14: HauteLook Hacked
- PatientPop Scores $25 Million in Investor Funding
- Cedars-Sinai Joins Koreatown-Based Pragma to Offer VR Course in GI Surgery
- Local Investment Focus of SoCal Bio Conference
- Cedars Adds VR Surgery Course