A West Hollywood-based etailer selling designer clothing for women sizes 10 to 24 raised $8 million, the company, 11 Honore, announced March 19.
The funding round was a Series A led by Redpoint Ventures and also included Forerunner Ventures, Upfront Ventures, Greycroft and Canvas Ventures.
Medha Agarwal, a Redpoint principal who joined the 11 Honore board as part of the deal, said that the company had seen strong demand from consumers as well as designers since being founded August last year.
Agarwal added that the plus-sized market, which he valued at over $21 billion, was growing twice as fast as the overall apparel market.
Retail, restaurants and hospitality reporter Caroline Anderson can be reached at email@example.com.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report March 20: UpKeep Lands $10 Million in Series A
- Deals & Dealmakers: Clearlake’s Cash Haul
- Restaurant Data Software Firm Bridg Raises $11 Million
- Nasty Gal to Close Kentucky Fulfillment Facility
- Restaurant Data Firm Draws $11M
- Founder of Shuttered Chain Adds Targets to Suit
- More Restaurants Develop Appetite for Dine L.A.
- BCBG Max Azria Group Plans 492 Layoffs as Vernon HQ Closes