KAISER PERMANENTE BALDWIN HILLS MEDICAL OFFICE BUILDING
Location: 3782 W. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90008
Size: 105,000 sf
Developer: Kaiser Permanente
Contractor: Turner Construction Company
The 105,000 sf, LEED Platinum Kaiser Permanente Medical Office Building, located on an 8.6 acre landscaped park in Baldwin Hills, is the newest and largest Kaiser MOB to exemplify two Kaiser experimental Southern California initiatives:
• Project RAD (Re-imagining Ambulatory Design): Kaiser Permanente believes the answer for creating member and community engagement lies within a vision for a system of healthcare known as Life Integration, which shifts the center of care from Kaiser Permanente medical offices into their members’ activities, relationships, and communities Included in this vision is the redesign of the ambulatory delivery system by changing the way Kaiser Permanente can meet patients’ needs through building design and enhanced operational workflows.
• Cultivate: CULTIVATE is a suite of tools and resources that leverages both Kaiser Permanente resources and existing community programs to achieve strategic improvements in health outcomes. It addresses the social determinants of health, and integrates the community as a key element in KP service delivery infrastructure.
Location: 12746 West Jefferson Blvd, Playa Vista, CA 90094
Size: 31,532 sf
Contractor: TIS Construction Services Inc.
Architect: ZGF Architects LLP
Centrally located at Runway, an outdoor mall containing restaurants, shops, and a movie theater in Playa Vista, the 31,532 sf Cedars-Sinai, Playa Vista Physician Office & Urgent Care consists of three floors, each offering a different type of care — Urgent Care, Primary Care, and OB/GYN and Pediatrics services. The clinic design appeals to the demographically diverse tech community of Silicon Beach by providing convenient access to quality patient-centered services close to where people live and work.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- South L.A. Medical Office Blossoms
- CRE Awards 2020: Best Medical Project
- Cedars-Sinai Opens Urgent Care Clinic in West LA
- Cedars-Sinai to Deliver Primary Care Services to Santa Monica
- Ups, Downs for Hospitals
- Top Women Leaders in Health Care: SHARON PETERS
- New $186M USC Bioscience Building Opens