Influential secures $12 million in series B funding; Snap Inc. releases API Snap Kit; ZipRecruiter expands in Santa Monica
Influential, a Los Angeles-based company created to match brands with social media influencers who can promote them, disclosed today that it has raised more than $12 million in Series B funding. Led by Ryan Detert, the company pairs eligible brands with influencers using A.I. technology and machine learning. Funding in the round came from Paradigm Talent and Literary Agency, ECA Ventures LLC, and Capital Zed Pty Ltd., among others, SoCal Tech reports.
Snap Inc., maker of Snapchat, announced recently that the popular app’s API will be available via an exclusive developer platform called Snap Kit, TechCrunch reports. This will allow users to use their Snapchat credentials to log in to other apps, transfer the Snapchat trademark character avatars, also known as Bitmoji, and integrate the Snapchat camera into other apps while allowing the apps to sync data.
ZipRecruiter, an online hiring agency based in Los Angeles, has expanded to almost 1,000 employees, according to SoCal Tech. In order to house these new employees, ZipRecruiter has moved into Google’s old headquarters on Arizona Avenue in Santa Monica, a space which is 45,000 square feet, which will contain roughly 400 employees. The company, which bills itself as an online employment marketplace, previously leased its office space at 401 Wilshire Blvd. in Santa Monica as well as at 1453 Third Street Promenade, according to the L.A. Business Journal. The eight-year-old company has offices in Santa Monica, Tempe, Ariz., and Tel Aviv, Israel.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report July 24: March Capital Partners Raises $12 Million
- Silicon Beach Report May 21: Tyffon Gains $7.8 Million
- Silicon Beach Report June 29: Bird Raises $300 Million
- Silicon Beach Report July 3: Creators Capitalize on Snap Commerce
- Silicon Beach Report April 9: Coozie Launches, Backed by Science
- Silicon Beach Report May 22: Precellerator Begins New Class
- Silicon Beach Report April 22: ZipRecruiter Executive Resigns Amid Misconduct Allegations
- ZipRecruiter Raises $156 Million