Sandy Murphy has served as general manager of the Beverly Hilton since 2008, and has more than 25 years of experience with the Hilton company. She oversees all aspects of the 9-acre property in Beverly Hills, which hosts A-list events such as the Golden Globes. She previously served in executive management roles for Hilton, including as area vice president of Southern California, with responsibility for Hilton and Doubletree hotels in airport, suburban, urban and resort markets. She held a similar position in Northern California. Murphy started her career at Hilton as an assistant general manager of the Embassy Suites in Covina, Calif. The Southern California native studied finance, human-resource management and marketing at Cal Poly Pomona and UCLA. Her philanthropic work includes the Sumer Nicole Alvarez Foundation, the Revlon Run/Walk and Guide Dogs for the Blind.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Newsmakers & Kudos
- Los Angeles Business Journal Women's Summit: SUMMIT SPEAKERS & PANELISTS
- Top Lenders in Los Angeles: RACHEL MAGNER
- Top Women in Banking: RACHEL MAGNER
- Women of Influence, Construction & Design: Julie Davis
- Women's Council & Awards 2018: Panelists & Speakers
- Women Of Influence Accounting: Tanya Nelson
- Century City Firm Banks on Government Client