SACHI A. HAMAI
Los Angeles County
Sachi Hamai, Los Angeles County’s chief executive since 2015, is responsible for managing the nation’s largest municipal government, including a budget of more than $30 billion and a workforce of more than 110,000. She is tasked with implementing programs such as the county’s Homeless Initiative and an effort to transform the county’s three health-related departments into a single agency. She co-founded WomenLeadLAC in 2017 to connect women in management with the county’s top executives. She received the 2018 Clarence A. Dykstra Award for Excellence in Government from the Southern California Chapter of the American Society for Public Administration and the 2017 Leadership Award from the Asian American Architects and Engineers Association.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LA 500: Sachi A. Hamai
- SACHI HAMAI
- L.A. County Appoints Leaders to Head New Agency to Promote Bioscience
- CFO Awards: Ronnie Campbell - Taking Metrolink to the Next Level
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Corporate Counsel Awards: NON-PROFIT CORPORATE COUNSEL
- LA500 2020: Civic Leaders
- Diversity & Inclusion - Innovative Mentoring Panel: Phillip A. Washington
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Corporate Counsel Awards: PRIVATE COMPANY CORPORATE COUNSEL