Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO
Rusty Hicks, president of the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, leads one of America’s largest labor federations, comprising 300 local unions representing more than 800,000 workers. He previously served as executive secretary-treasurer and as the federation’s political director. In addition to his work at the federation, he serves on multiple boards including the United Way of Greater Los Angeles, Los Angeles Alliance for a New Economy, Coro Southern California and the Los Angeles Coalition for the Economy & Jobs. He joined the L.A. County Federation of Labor after completing his deployment to Afghanistan as a lieutenant in the Navy Reserve.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LA 500: Rusty Hicks
- RUSTY HICKS
- Union Group Chief to Wage Pay-Hike Campaign
- Rusty Hicks is the New Leader of the L.A. County Labor Federation
- CEQA Lawsuit Should Not Stop Progress at LAX
- Durazo Gets Top Labor Post
- Expanded Paid Sick Leave Mandate Moving Forward in L.A.
- Lawsuit Challenges Constitutionality of L.A’s Housing Measure JJJ