President and Chief Executive
Live Nation Entertainment
Michael Rapino is president and chief executive of Live Nation Entertainment. He has been in the position since 2005, helping build the company into a global live music brand with operations in more than 40 countries and annual revenue exceeding $10 billion. The company issues nearly 500 million tickets each year, promotes nearly 30,000 events and manages the careers of more than 500-plus artists. Rapino in December inked a deal valued at $9 million plus stock to renew his contract for another five years. The executive led a number of acquisitions for the company last year, including the purchase of Salt Lake City-based United Concerts, Napa’s Bottlerock Festival and Blue Note Entertainment in Israel.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- MICHAEL RAPINO
- Live Nation’s Loss Balloons
- Live Nation Announces Growth, Explores Real Estate, Bigger Ticket Fees
- Saudi Fund Takes $500 Million Stake in Live Nation
- Live Nation to Cut Costs by $500 Million
- Live Nation Revenue Tumbles as Live Event Industry Recovers
- Chairman to Leave Live Nation in Amid Feud With CEO
- Biz Briefs: News About Area Companies