President and Chief Executive
Jim Walsh is president and chief executive of SCS Engineers and works at the forefront of sustainable solid waste management, sanitary landfills and landfill gas. Walsh has served as the principal investigator on more than a dozen Elevated Temperature Landfills in the United States. He was the primary author of the United States Environmental Protection Agency landfill manual, and was the principal investigator on multiple landfill gas R&D projects for the EPA, U.S. Department of Energy and the Gas Research Institute. Walsh also is a past director of the Solid Waste Association of North America. He is on the board of the Environmental Research and Education Foundation, which funds scientific research and educational initiatives for waste management practices. He received the SWANA Landfill Gas Distinguished Service Award in 1997.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Book of Lists Profile: SCS Engineers Pivots to the Environment
- Env List
- GE Invests in Glendale Power Project
- Los Angeles Works Out New Approach to Web
- The Pacesetter
- Competition Not Regulation Keeps Trash Costs Low
- Cut Back on Landfill Trash Flow By Targeting Mass of Packaging
- Local Governments Should Take Lead on Global Warming