President, Chief Executive
Caltius Capital Management
Jim Upchurch is the president and chief executive of Caltius Capital Management, the alternative asset management firm he co-founded in 1997. He oversees all aspects of fund management, fundraising and deal origination for Caltius Equity Partners and Caltius Structured Capital. His areas of expertise are private debt and equity investing, sales and trading of public-debt securities, portfolio management and accounting. He previously was president of U.S. Bancorp Libra and its predecessor, Libra Investments, an investment banking firm focused on the sale, trading and placement of debt securities. He got his start as a certified public accountant at KPMG. Upchurch is currently on the boards of Ortho Classic, Kiss My Face Corp. and SM&A Corp. He holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Northern Arizona University.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Private Equity Investors & Advisors: Jim Upchurch
- Most Influential Private Equity Investors & Advisors: Michael Morgan
- Most Influential Private Equity Investors & Advisors: Rick Shuart
- Firms Set Targets on Industries, Establish Criteria for Investment
- Exchange-Traded Fund Garners Mutual Respect
- Bond-Focused Firm Pursues Alternative Strategies
- Oaktree Capital Forms New Blank Check Company, Aims to Raise $175M