H.F. “BERT” BOECKMANN II
Chairman and Chief Executive
H.F. “Bert” Boeckmann II began his career as a Galpin salesman in 1953 while a student at USC. He was promoted to general manager in 1957 and to vice president of Galpin Ford in 1960, after which he began a gradual buyout that eventually led to his owning the company by 1968. Galpin Motors, based in the San Fernando Valley since 1946, is a world-renowned, award-winning automotive enterprise with a number of franchises, along with Galpin Auto Sports, a full in-house customizing and aftermarket center; Galpin Rentals; the Horseless Carriage Restaurant; and Galpin Starbucks. Galpin Ford, the company’s flagship store, was again named the top-selling Ford dealership in 2018, a title it’s held 28 years in a row. Ford Motor Co. last year presented Boeckmann with its inaugural Dealership Hall of Fame Award for a lifetime of achievement and leadership. Boeckmann’s son, Beau, is president and chief operating officer of Galpin Motors.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LA 500: H.F. “Bert” Boeckmann II
- Influential Family-Owned Businesses in Los Angeles: Galpin Motors
- H.F. “Bert” Boeckmann II, 89
- Influential Family-Owned Businesses in Los Angeles: Galpin Motors - A Legacy of Forward-Looking Excellence
- Decades Under the Hood
- Pacesetter: Galpin Ford
- Galpin Makes Bid on Burbank Tract for New Ford Dealership